Support Red Nose Day this month on the 15th March by doing a charity bake sale or by just making and enjoying these scrumptious cookies. Go to www.rednoseday.com to see other ways you can support this great charity.
Here is the recipe and what you will need to bake the Red Nose Day cookies.
Red Nose Day Cookies that melt in the mouth, flavoured with vanilla, decorated with a cherry and a dark chocolate base.
Recipe type: Snack
- 115g / 4 oz Butter, softened
- 55g / 2 oz Caster sugar
- 140g / 5 oz Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp approx Red food colouring
- 14 Glace cherry halves
- 100g / 3.5 oz Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease 1 large or 2 medium sized baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and food colouring.
- Work in the flour gradually with a wooden spoon.
- Form into 14 balls by rolling between your palms.
- Place balls on baking sheet allowing room to spread and pop a glace cherry half on each.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes being careful not to let them brown.
- Allow the cookies to rest for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cool, melt the chocolate in bowl over a pan of water barely simmering.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the base of each cookie with chocolate and allow to set chocolate side up.
- Once set take to your fund raising event and watch them fly!